Monday, September 25, 2006

Tick Tick Tick

Thinking alot today about where I want to be in five years.What can I do to put myself headed in that direction. I want to be in a career, I want to have a child. Those are the top two. The first is something I want within the next year. The second is something I want within the next 2 years. Having a child is something that I have always wanted but have always put on hold because my partner wasnt ready. Something I have discovered is that I dont want to wait for someone else anymore. I want to do this when I am ready and that is going to be soon. I wanted to be married so my partner and I could do this together but I dont know if that is in the cards. I do know that I am getting up there in age and I dont want to wait to long and regret it later. I guess that biological clock is ticking away. I have a good friend that wants to be the father so in the next year we are going to start the process. I would think I should be scared and there is a little of that but it is mostly excitement. Have talked to alot of friends, those with kids those without, and thankfully I have not gotten anything but support. Except from Janet who always plays the devils advocate and has to " go deeper". I think she is trying to take the psycho therapists job. lol I watch those commercials on t.v for baby toys and I get all chocked up. Anyway I still have to wait to see how the next year is going to play out. Whenever my I used to get these urges one of my ex's would get another kitten for me to take care of. I dont want anymore animals!

4 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Ah, but what would life be without at least one friend who plays devil's advocate?

One piece of advice - see a doctor BEFORE getting pregnant. There are lots of things you can do to give yourself the healthiest body possible before pregnancy. This is good for you and is yours to keep. It also makes for an easier pregnancy and gives your baby-to-be the best possible start in life.

I made some changes to my diet for my last pregnancy and many of those positive changes are still a part of my lifestyle today.

thephoenixanddragon said...

last month I had my yearly with the OB/GYN and she gave me some excellent advice and the thumbs up. She said eveything looked good but because of my age after I got knocked up to come back and see her to run some tests. We shall see. I had already changed my diet about 5 months ago so Im off to a good start.Trying to picture me pregnant. Cant get a visual. I think thats a good thing lol

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

My brain has never been able to project 5 years down the way. Kids are a great addition to a plan I'd say.

Anonymous said...

Someone's trying to take my job?
NONSENSE!
There's only one of me.

Good thing I like to share.
;)