Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Long day

Had a very long day today.I guess it started back on Sat. night with the horrible loss of FSU. Then it kept on getting better and better. (hint of sarcasm) At least I got a glimmer of good news. My friend that had the stroke and was predicted to die decided to surprise everyone and it looks as though he is going to pull through. He is going to have to go through alot of physical therapy but that is nothing considering the alternative...Just like Daddy Doug to make eveything a production! Well since Im not going up to Atlanta for a reunion and a funeral my good friends in Jackson are insisting that I come up there to see them. Kasi is a long time friend and we both agree that the only time we see each other is at a funeral or when I need to run somewhere to get away. When I called her the other day one of her daughters answered the phone. Chloe is 11 going on 21. We had about a 45 min. conversation, reminising about when she was little. The last time I saw her was at her fathers funeral about 6 years ago. She was and is so funny. We used to sit in the hottub together and one of our conversations went like this. Chloe pointing at my breasts.. "those are big, mine are small". I replied one day they will be larger. she then asked how much bigger?" I said I didnt know but I imagined due to genitics and stuff about the same size as her mothers. She nodded her head and thought for a minute then looked me straight in the eyes and said "when"? Out of the mouths of babes. She of course agreed with her mother that it had been to long since they had seen me and she informed me if I came up she would cook me dinner. She had been taking cooking classes and not only would she cook me a wonderful dinner but if i came up for my birthday she would bake me a cake. (My b-day is the 30th of this month) tempting as that may be sadly I wont be able to go up this month but its possible next month I will be able to arrange it. She has a sister Lucy that is just as advanced. She is in 8th grade but when she was younger she had this little boyfriend that had a huge crush on her. When she would take a nap she would have him sit outside her room with a sign that said " quiet princess sleeping. I wonder where she got that from mom? Anywho the reason for all these stories is that it brings a smile to my face. They have for a long time now been trying to convince me to move up there. Rennee(Kasi's wife), Kasi. Lucy and Chloe have said numerous times that there is a open room for me whenever I want it. I think a visit is more in order now than a move.
My best friend that lives in Laguna CA has been also trying to get me out there as well. She threw out the offer the other day to move out there. I was welcome in their house as long as I would like and they would even get me hooked up with a job.
Then to make matters even more intresting a a friend of mine that lives in Colorado wants me to come out there to live with her and her new partner.
One last one, my friends in Denmark have again offered up their house and job opportunities
Tons of options but picking up and moving isnt what I want for me right now. I just started back in school and have 2 more semesters ahead of me. I dont want anymore sudden changes in my life either. I am working on alot of different things and I dont want to bite off more than I can chew. Also I dont want to run. I want to be able to work through this break up and the easiest way is to face it with the support of my friends. I know that where ever I go Ill take my thoughts with me. I just feel very fortunate that I have such good friends that are so supportive of me. They dont give me advise on what to do or how to handle this they just listen and say whatever I do they will support me. There are no "you should's" or " you shouldnt's" Tonight after class I was driving home and called Rick to see what was going on. The first thing he said was "you sound down girl come on home and eat dinner." After dinner while his husband watched football he just listened. He listened to how I was upset that I had just taken the last remaining things I had of hers over to her house. He listened to me explain that I felt I had to do it in order to let go and that it hurt but it was something I felt I had to do because eveytime I saw them I thought of her. All he did was listen and say whatever happens you will be o.k. I know you are hurting right now but you will bounce back. Whatever happens happens for a reason.He did tell me to do one thing. He said I had to eat more. I lost 2 more pounds. Losing about 2 pounds a week down to 144. Havent seen this since I was about 20. He said that i looked fabolous,. I told him if you are going to feel like crap you might as well look good.Then he gave me a hug and more chicken.. Gotta love the Southern Way of dealing with things:)

4 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Phoenixanddragon, you are a wise woman. It's wonderful to have so many friends making offers, isn't it? They must love you so much. I think you're smart to want to work things through where you are. You can always move later if you decide to. Besides, a nice friend who listens AND feeds you? Priceless!!! Much love to you, sweetie!

thephoenixanddragon said...

hey lynn, yes I am indeed very fortunate. I consider myself very blessed. It seems like today everyone has an opinion on how you should live your life but I think a true friend will let you do what you have to do and be there to help pick up the pieces if need be. If that friend can cook it is a definite PLUS!! By the by how was your b-day? I dont know what is going on for mine yet but I still have 2 weeks to figure that out. Take care my friend

Spider said...

It ain't a good crisis unless there is lots of food...

thephoenixanddragon said...

I hear ys spidey!! I guess thats why there is always tons of food at funeral!!