Thursday, September 14, 2006

Goals

Had a really long day today. Trying so hard to keep busy that I am running myself down a little bit. I was at work at my part time job at 0630 until 1130 then went right to my full time job. My body quickly reminded me that I can work those long days but I have to have a good nights sleep before I try that. I had only 5 1/2 hours each night for the past two nights and I know better than that. Tomorrow is going to be another long day but at least Ill be going to bed shortly. School is coming along great!! Granted this is only going to be the third week coming up but I dont see it as being an issue at all. I finally feel as though I am setteled down and determined to get my life going in the direction that is better for me. I have certain goals that I want to accomplish and these are the first steps in making that happen. Before I had always been working towards a goal for someone else and I think this is the first time that I am doing it for me. I remember my first relationship and her mother asking me what I wanted to do in life. I told her I wanted to be a lawyer. When she asked me why the first reason that came out of my mouth was so I could take care of her in the manner she was acostumed.
Prety much every relationship I had I have been asked why law and the response was pretty much the same. If you were to ask me now why law I would tell you because that is where my passion lies. My mother told me I always said I wanted to be a lawyer a stock trader or a train engineer. Somewhere along the way I lost that and was setteling. Im not accepted in law school yet but I am getting my paralegal degree so I can work in the legal field while I decide if I want to go on to law school or if I will be content with not going.The point is whatever I decide to do it will be a decission on what I want.

3 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Good for you! I think being able to hold on to things that you are passionate about for yourself is very important. Having an education and a good job never hurts, either. This is part of taking care of YOU. I'm proud of you and glad for you! You go, girl!

thephoenixanddragon said...

thanks lynn!! I guess this is all part of that selfawarness stuff!! It is pretty amazing what you can find when you start looking within yourself instead of always looking at others. I had spent so much time looking at others that I couldnt see the forest through the trees. Still hurts that we arent together but at least I know I am making much needed changes and I hope she is doing the same for herself as well

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Lawyer? Boo, hiss!

Just kidding. hehe