Monday, October 23, 2006

Experiment

Today after the interview I was feeling a little sad. I decided to do a little experiment to maybe make myself feel little better. So as I was leaving Publix I smiled and said hello to everyone I passed. Not just a nod of the head or a half faked smile but a genuine smile and hello. Eveyone that I met smiled back and said hello as well. It made me feel better even though it was just for a short time. it also brightened my day and hopefully made their day a little brighter as well.
I was a little sad because I was missing her today. There are just so many wonderful, exciting things that are going on in my life right now and it makes me a little sad that she isn't here to share in them with me. Its not because I miss having someone around or because I need to have her I just miss having her in my life. I have close friends that I am sharing my life with I just miss having her as one of them. I loved her and I still do love her. I know that life goes on and that I can be happy without her in my life it just feels as though a piece is missing. That piece is her. I know that for a multitude of reasons we cant be together now but I also know that knowing all this wont make me love her less or miss her less.

5 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

I know these things continue to hurt sometimes and I'm sorry for that. Can a visit with Mother Rick help? Oh, honey, that's what I'd do. Just sayin'.

Leon's current assignment said...

There is a piece missing. That is truth.
When it is my turn to deal with such things I try to honor them for what they were and still are and not push them away or pretend they are anything other than what they are...still.

*sigh

It seems as if today is a day (which all days really are) of giving all feelings permission to be...and be as they are.

Thinking about you...holding your heart in my awareness. I know this is so very hard.

thephoenixanddragon said...

thanks Rick!!! Its not like I dont have enough to scratch my head about!!! lol
lynn: took you up on your idea and Mother Rick fed me. haha.
just trying to ride the wave.
P.T: Not only is it hard but it really sucks!! that and PMSing right now isnt helping any. Thanks for the kind words and please keep my heart safe in your awarness.

Spilling Ink said...

Yoo hoo... Hello! Is anyone here?

I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Like Lynn said.