Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dyna or Soft Tail



Another great day. I wasn't able to make it down to Daytona Beach for Biketober Fest but that's O.k. I had such a great day at Harley!! I chatted with one of the salesmen today about which bike I want. I still cant decide. Its between the two above. I know I still have 88 days to decide but I am a kid in a candy store. The second one is a Dyna Super Glide Custom. The first is A Soft Tail Standard. The soft tail is a smoother ride but I like to hot rod and the Dyna is better equipped for the type of riding that I do. Anyway I learned everything about the bikes that I could possible want to know today. I also talked with one of the techs and when I bring my bike in they will let me use their tools to work on my bike there. Cant get any better than that!!
I was talking with Traci today and she is trying to decide if she should leave her boyfriend. We spent a lot of time chatting and I found myself listening to the advise I was giving her. I saw her going through pretty much what I had just gone through so it touched a place in my heart. I think the best thing I told her was to not throw her love away on someone that doesn't appreciate it or want it. That it is O.K. for her to love him but it takes two and since he isn't living up to his part of the bargain that maybe she should just move on and do for herself. She was waiting for him to make up his mind about what he wanted to do so she she could decide what she should do. She was giving him power over her life. I also told her something that I had been told along time ago that is so true but had forgotten and that is actions speak louder than words. Usually cliches annoy me but this one is so true. One little thing I told her was that love was more than an emotion it was an action as well. I think she is going to leave him and my heart goes out to her because I know how much she loves him and how it feels to be so confused about what to do. Even with that heavy conversation it was still a really good day. I told my friends today that I was gay, I didn't actually come out and say it but I dropped all the pronouns I was using. I was a little worried but it was no big deal to them. I just figured I didn't want to Portia myself as someone Im not and if I cant be who I am then I don't need to be there. Im not going to be a s open at the law firm but eventually Im sure I will. Being gay just isn't something that goes on your resume under additional skills, not for a law firm anyway. I have been thinking about looking into the local chapter of the ACLU if Orlando even has one and seeing about maybe volunteering a little bit of time there. Im trying not to bite off more than I can chew but Getting involved more is something that I think is beneficial. Anywho after my midterm tomorrow I can think more about that. Not too worried about the midterm tomorrow. It is in legal research.. no problem... but I need to get to bed I have that other interview tomorrow morning. figured might as well go, it is good experience and it cant hurt to see the comparison in the law firms.

4 comments:

Leon's current assignment said...

Such different looks. I don't know a thing about bikes but I can see from an aesthetic point of view how these two send similar but varying messages.

The Dyna Super Glide does have that certain "Peter Fondaesque, brash fuck you" in louder voice than the other but the other appears more solid in a "Steve McQueen fuck you, asshole, I'm the king of grounded cool" kinda way. Does this make any sense to you? lol.

thephoenixanddragon said...

Yea Im kinda leaning toward the fuck you asshole thing too.
RICK: Baby, a road king says Im old and setteled and want luxery and comfort! Im looking for Im born to be wild, ready to live life not settle down and take a tour. lol What kinds pirate goes for the road king?

Anonymous said...

Just passing through again and MUST respond to Rick's comment about Jimmy Buffet:

See? Exactly.

/closing the monitor screen mumbling to herself about the kind of people that like Jimmy Buffet music, puleez gawd.

thephoenixanddragon said...

Jimmy Buffet has one because he is too drunk to be able to ride fast!!! all he need to do is get from one bar to another and he is a far cry form the fuck you asshole mentality