Monday, October 23, 2006

Decisions decisions decisions

I had another interview today at a different law firm, it looks promising. Here is the dilemma. I have already accepted the job at law firm #1 and start tomorrow. This job will work around school and there is potential for advancement. Issue is they pay is lower then job #2. With job #2 I haven't for sure gotten it but it looks really good. The pay is higher but my responsibilities will be greater and they will be less flexible on the hours because of the increased responsibilities. Im thinking I don't need the additional stress from job #2 being Im still in school, working at Harley on the weekends, want to donate some time for service work, and would like to be able to enjoy a little down time so I don't burn out. I talked to my mom today and she said that one bird in the hand was better than two in the bush and that I should probably stick with job #1. She then offered to help me a little more so that it would compensate for the $ difference. Looking at all this on paper(screen) I think I should stick with job #1. even though I would like to be in a position of more money and responsibility there is plenty of time to have that after graduation. Right now I need to focus on what is happening right now, what is going to be the best for my future and what conditions are going to best assist me.
Speaking of future and school. I got my midterm back form Real property and I got a 94. ROCK THE FUCK ON!!!! My second midterm is tonight in Legal research which I am getting ready to go study for after this. I have started to put any assignment that is not 100% up on my fridge or within sight. This is just to remind me that there is need for improvement.
My crazy, psychotic friend Pat gave me the lecture today that Im going to have a breakdown cause she thinks Im taking on too much. I tried to explain to her that this is my life and whee I want to get in life takes what I am doing now. In order to succeed I need to do service work, dedicate time for school , studying and work. That the law firm job was imperative because that is where I wanted to be and the Harley job was fun for me and it didn't take up my complete weekend. She said that I needed time to sit around in my boxers and drink a beer if I wanted and I didn't have that time. She just doesn't get that I have already had that time to sit around in my boxers and drink beer and and that it was time for Peter Pan to grow up and do something to get me where I wanted to be. We just have different life goals and she doesn't understand the time management concept. I get that there is only so many hours in the day but what I don't think she gets is that I am just rearranging my priorities on how I spend that time. I appreciate here concerns and it is something to keep an eye on yet I don't think she gets it.

No comments: