Friday, October 20, 2006

Butterflies

This morning I had another interview with a law firm downtown. She said she had a few more interviews for today but she would want me to be able to start as soon as possible. I was her first interview which is how I wanted it. I wanted to set the bar that others would have to meet.

When I got home Bamse and I went out for a little walk. While she was smelling around the grass I noticed a couple of butterflies flying around. I called Bamse over and we sat down on the sidewalk and just watched them. They were trying to land on the blades of grass but the grass was wet so they had to be careful not to get their wings wet. Everytime one would fly away another would come around. We probably sat there for 15 mins. just watching them. It looked like they had to flap those wings so hard to get just a little bit of airspace. Yet there was a bit of peace in their struggle for flight. It could be that the peace I was noticing I was finding in myself. Slowing down, not anyalyizng, letting go, just being. Right now at this moment I have no worries, no stressors, no regrets, no anger, and no fears.This moment is all that matters because I know the the future is not a guarantee. I think maybe I should spend a little more time watching butterflies. I have a runny nose but I can deal with that. :) Lynn:I guess I forgot to cross my fingers and got the cooties!! Tell your little one that girls have cooties too. :)

1 comment:

thephoenixanddragon said...

Yes Bamse is my loveable,85lb. Rottweiler that has a toe and bellybotton fetish. She likes watching butterflies too.:) She doesnt know she is supposed to be vicious. The only thing she really does is step on your feet. lol