Saturday, November 11, 2006

Closest thing to flying

Not feeling very chatty tonight. Im laying here in bed trying to decide if I want to get up and go meet some friends at a strip bar. They just texted me and they are hanging out and want me to come down. I think Im going to finish this off and go to bed. Harley has given me full time hours and I have a big day there tomorrow. Today was fun, worked all day at Harley then I hooked up with a friend Jan and went riding for a bit. Stopped by two bars then hooked up with a few others and went to Orlando Ale House for dinner and to watch the FSU v. Wakeforest game. We got there about 815 just in time to see the beginning of an embarrassing, no humiliating defeat. Our homecoming game and we ended up getting shut out 30 to 0. Just when I thought life couldn't get any worse!! Anyway I surprised my friends by not only eating after 700 but ordering a 1/2 rack of ribs, mashed pot. and a sweet pot. Cleaned my plate I did:) Thats probably why Im still awake now sitting in my belly like a rock. The riding was good, I took the bike into work and the interstate that I use wasn't crowded at all. I was able to open her up a little a let her go. I was able to keep a steady speed of about 80 - 85. Closest thing to flying without leaving the ground. It was great!! Then tonight we rode around Winter Park that has lots of curves, had a great time my friend has a fat boy but she couldn't keep up. LOL her bike is lower to the ground so she couldn't take the curves like I was able to. Im trying to push my comfort level on curves. Want to be able to take them faster. Haven't had anyone on the back in a while so I can ride fast and hard without worrying about scaring them.I also Have been trying to get the front wheel off the ground coming out of first gear. I know Harleys aren't supposed to do wheelys but I was able to pop it once by accident so Im trying to do it now on purpose. Riding home tonight was great, It was another beautiful night. Tomorrow Im going to take the bike in as well, I have been riding a lot recently. I just want to get out and go . (For someone who isn't feeling chatty I sure have gone on hehe) It helps me to clear my head and I feel differently when Im riding. It gives me a sense of strength or maybe its just a more tougher feeling. Not sure which one or maybe a little of both. But I start to feel my fuck it attitude coming back. I like that, I like this feeling of not caring, of not figuring or not worrying. Im able to blow off any feelings that might be lingering and to basically butch up. I don't think this is because of my riding more I think its just because I am tired. Tired of caring, tired of trying, and just plain tired. I know this is just a phase of whatever it is Im going through. I am enjoying it though, its nice to put that part away that wants to analyze, reflect and embark on a voyage of enlightenment. I like going back to the fuck it stage, the part of me that stifles growth, doesn't care about taking care of issues ( mine or others) seizes the moment and just lives in the moment. Maybe by embracing this long lost part of me I can heal. I feel as though I have been sucked dry. I have been traveling this barren wasteland for too long.

No comments: