Sunday, July 29, 2007

just had to open my eyes to see what was right in front of me all along

Its amazing how things can change in an instant. Her name is Kasi. I've known her for 12 years and she just recently came back into my life. My dear friend Drake had her come down to help out getting his house ready to sell. I got the phone call last Sat. that she was here and I went right over. As soon as I saw her I knew I was in trouble but when I hugged her I knew I didn't ever want to let her go. As I have said before timing is everything and timing has never been right with us. It really isn't the perfect timing now but its doable. Things have moved so quick but I am sure of what I want. I just needed to remove some of the distractions from my life in order to get here. I couldn't see the forest through the trees.
We are talking about a time line as to when I can move up there and what I am going to do. Right now I have a few life choices. I will probably be starting the officers academy soon and I will have to give a two year commitment to that but I have it figured out how I can spend at least 3 to 4 days a week there with her. Her moving down here isn't an option due. The girls cant be displaced and I don't want them to be.
Its amazing to me the amount of responsibility that is now facing me. More than I have every faced. Not only am I living for myself but for three others and planning on another soon. I have made the decision to go from keg stands, titty bars and being a "player" to trading it in for a suburban life. I am so o.k. with that. I had made that decision before Kasi came back into my life I just hadn't found the right person to do it with. Needless to say Im holding off on that crotch rocket and putting my focus on getting my life arranged so I can move up there to be with her and the girls. Im so not scared about any of this. I dont have the slightest bit of worry that she is going to hurt me, that this isnt going to work out or that I am going to move 3 states away. I know it is going to work out. Just lookng into her eyes takes my breath away, just touching her make my heart skip a beat. She is intelligent, beautiful, adventures, funny, giving, honest and she puts the bee in my bonet.
When I tell my friends about her I tell them that this is the woman that I am going to spend the rest of my life with. A few have said how happy they are for me but a few close friends have asked " do you know what your getting into? You know you'll have to grow up?" What the fuck! Its not like I picked her up in the bar last night and just found out her last name. This isnt a typical Lesbian U-Haul thing. I knew I loved her 12 years ago but I had growing up to do. I had to rid myself of the distractions and had to be ready to be able to see her. They ask her the same questions. "Do you know what your getting into with hoops? She is Peter Pan that wont grow up. She even had someone tell her that I could never be happy if I was removed from the limelight of O-Town." Once again what the fuck. Are we that young, blind and stupid to not know what we want or what we are looking at? I appreciate the effort but stop trying to tell me what make me happy. Just be happy that we have finally found each other. Dont try to put doubt, worry or fear somewhere it isnt.

1 comment:

Spilling Ink said...

If you are sure and she is sure, then to hell with what others think. I'm happy for you.