Friday, January 05, 2007

Poster Child

I made it through the holiday season and now it is finally time to get a little me time. There is a lot of things going on and so many different things happening. To start out with a couple of days before New Years I got a phone call from an old dear friend, Lani. She said she was getting a bunch of the ladies together from the old women's group and wanted me to come. I hadn't made a decision what I was doing so I asked her what made this come to be. She said she missed me in her life and that she had recently come to realize how precious life is and that she wanted the people she cared most for in her life around her and I was one of those people. I told her to go on because it felt as if there was something more there. It turns out that she has lesions on her heart that they cant stop growing, and eventually will be terminal. After hearing that of course I said I would be there. It was a great evening. I saw people I hadn't seen in years. I got my cards read and eveything Chris told me was so accurate it was frightening. I think it was so scary because I knew eveything she was saying but I didn't want to look at a lot of it. The ladies are planning a bachelorette auction to benefit the center and convinced me to enter. I had done one for them a long time ago and they convinced me to do this one. they wanted to take some pictures to make some posters so I went home got the bike and leathers and we took some pictures. So not only am I in the auction but they are using me as the poster child for the fliers. Im just glad that I never had the desire to run for public office. So far my package includes a ride, dinner, a possible room at the embassy suites for coffee, wine and cheese cake and Im not sure what else. I have some back up coming in case there is someone bidding on me that I don't want to have buy me. They are expecting between 50 - 100 women at the auction so it should be a blast. Not to mention it is for a good cause.
Im think I might be moving at the end of this month. It is not for sure yet but Im going to talk to the owner tomorrow so it looks real good. I have a tattoo artist designing the phoenix tattoo that I want. I started working out again, and health wise I feel better than I have in a very long time. I feel like I am rediscovering me. This years theme is " all about me" its all about me. Life is too precious to not surround myself with those I care about and to not get out of life what I want.

4 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

I like this year's theme!

thephoenixanddragon said...

why dont you do this years theme with me? This attitude is new for me but I am so worth it and so are you. Make out that list I have mine already made and Ill drive over to Tampa and we can compare. Deal?

Spilling Ink said...

You may have something there, Phoenix, my friend. Hmmm... thinking, thinking...

Anonymous said...

Good words.